Cocos-BCX Project Announcement
On April 03, 2020, the Cocos-BCX team found out several abnormal large amount of transfer records from the Cocos-BCX network swap wallet during the routine internal audit. Shortly the secondary market showed unknown large transactions from 06: 00 AM to 09: 00 AM this morning.
After the exchange verification and internal investigations, since thief maliciously stole the swap wallet, it occurred asset loss and malicious selling. After confirming with the exchange data, the total amount of stolen tokens was 1,087,522,819.2 COCOS. Besides, the exchange confirmed that all the stolen tokens were sold off.
After urgent discussions, members of the Cocos-BCX Foundation decided to take the following measures:
1. To ensure that the COCOS MainNet token swap will not be affected, the core members of the Cocos-BCX foundation will jointly establish a special fund for this incident to repurchase all the stolen tokens from the market and publicize the relevant wallet addresses. We promise that users’ interests will not be affected!
2. The Cocos-BCX foundation has abandoned all the stolen wallet addresses and multiple associated addresses.
3. The Cocos-BCX Foundation has contacted the exchange and the security team to track the corresponding accounts and arranged all employees to conduct self-inspection of the wallet accounts to prevent similar incidents.
The cocos-BCX team would like to remind all users to protect your account information actively. Users can take measures as follows:
1. Do not leave your account and password to others;
2. Change the transaction password regularly;
3. Do not set a password that is too simple, like using personal birthday, phone number, and other shared information as a password. You should use a combination of numbers, uppercase and lowercase letters, and special characters to increase the complexity of the password;
4. When you input the password, you should pay attention to your surrounding to prevent others from stealing password information;
5. You should cautiously keep personal identity documents and other items containing personal information;
6. Computers and other equipment used for transactions should be secure by installing firewalls and anti-virus software, etc.
7. Do not click unknown URLs and do not download software and files with unknown functions.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to join Cocos-BCX official group and contact admins for help, we will solve your problems as soon as possible.